Friday, July 15, 2011

THE WHITE ELEPHANT PUBLICATION NOW AVAILABLE






This publication, called "The White Elephant" forms part of the Cardboard Monument  project, carried out in Soweto, Johannesburg from January until March 2011. It reflects on the significance and impact of community driven activist public art, using the Cardboard Monument project as a case study.

Texts by Lauren Alexander, Clare Butcher, with extracts from David Blom (Oom Bolo) and Charles Nkosi. 
To read an extract from "The White Elephant" click here.
Book concept and design by Foundland. (for more image click here)
Original cover illustrations by Victor Mofokeng. (Available in 3 silkscreened variations)
Copies of the White Elephant are available on request by email.
Publications funded by the Dutch Art Institute and Mediafonds, Amsterdam

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful testimony some time things you don’t believe can just happen. My name is Mrs Nzimande from East London am 45 years old i got married at the age of 23 i have only one child and i was living happily .After one year of my marriage my husband behavior became so strange and i didn’t really understand what was going on, he packed out of the house to another woman i loved him so much that i never dreamt of losing him, i tried all possible ways to make sure that my husband got back to me but all to no avail i cried and i cried seeking for help i discussed it with my best friend and she promise to help me she told me of a great woman based in Johannesburg who only specializes in bringing back lost lovers within 2 days and that she is trustworthy.She gave me her contacts +27635166352 gave her a call and i told her everything that happened all she told me was that i should not worry that all my problems would be solved immediately. She told me what to do to get my husband back and i did, she said after 3 days my husband would come back to me and start confessing, it really happened within that period she told me i was very surprised and very, very happy our relationship was now very tight and we both live happily again. Mama theres no way i can thank u apart from telling the whole world what u did for me .She also helps in financial blessing,winning lotto,promotion at work win court cases betting .Her contact +27635166352

    ReplyDelete